The Hinckley Family Lake Session {Alta Lake}


This year I’ve had so many families that I’ve seen in past years and that adds so much to the experience because I always have some ideas of what the kids are interested in and a better idea of what it means to truly capture their personalities.  The Hinckley family and I have done had several sessions over the years and every time it just gets better and better.  This day started with the weather looking perfect, and then suddenly from out of the blue there was a small storm that decided to blow up right in our location.  Some families might have been deterred but when you have four boys I’m pretty sure that basically means you always come equipped for anything!  The boys may have taken a little coaxing to come out of their shell in the whipping wind and rain but before long they were helping me find all kinds of things we could use for them to jump off and adventure through.  

On another note, it might be more common to “photoshop” things like a little guy’s hair blowing in the wind but I really adore those type of shots because it shows just how soft and feathery that little hair is, so I tend to save any photoshop for anything that detracts from the feeling of the picture rather than just adding to the reality of the moment.
 

No comments