The Simpson Family Columbia River Session {Brewster}

Every once in awhile there is a little one that wants to test my “baby whisperer” skills and for our session, Presley decided that she wanted to be super serious.  What she didn’t realize is that no matter what mood she was in I was going to make sure we captured her little personality.  While it’s always nice to get the traditional, everyone looking at the camera shot, that’s not always my style and really I end up loving the ones that are in the moment, even more than the traditional look.  This is especially great for toddlers because they rarely sit still and are much more interested in the world around them than in the stranger trying to get them to look in her direction.  My goal is always to tell the story though so whether that is the adorable way they run down the path with a stutter step because they are just getting those feet moving or if it’s trying to find the perfect rock to admire, those are what we do and in the middle there are always perfect moments.  And the longer I’m a mama the more I realize how easy it is to forget the little things so I appreciate it when there’s a way to remember those moments.  


I first met Presley and her family when they came to visit me for her newborn pictures and seeing her so much bigger and with the most adorable personality is just the best!  I loved my time with the Simpson family!  (and if you want to know my favorite picture just check out the last one, it's just the best!)

















No comments