Alfredo & Kim's Senior Session {Alta Lake}

This was the first time I've ever gotten to work with twins and I'm so glad it just happened to be these two!  This is probably the last class of 2019 session that I will be doing this spring so getting to visit one of my favorite places with some of the best Brewster kids was the best way to end this spring!  We traveled to Alta Lake because regardless of the time of year, Alta is just incredibly gorgeous.  Even though several years ago this spot was ravaged by fire it hasn't diminished the immense beauty and peaceful environment that is present.

Kim and Alfredo, once again, are some of the kids that were in Kyle's very first class. I know that might sound redundant based on the fact that so many of my seniors have been from that class this year but I think that just shows you how much this class means to us and how much they have impacted our lives.  One of our very first goals when we came here was to see this group cross the finish line of high school and it is astonishing how quickly that actually happened.  

Here's just one snippet of a memory from 8th grade for Alfredo:  I was teaching a class of 8th graders in the spring, (probably the worst time to try to talk to 8th graders).   We were talking about social emotional content and Alfredo was in the class.  Now Alfredo has always been a leader and very fun, so much so that the rest of the class would much rather listen to whatever he was saying than what the school counselor was trying to get across.  So I remember pulling him aside either during the lunch break or before the next class and telling him, "You gotta help me out!  I know it may not be your favorite content but if you pay attention to me the rest of the class will follow!"  And you know what?  He totally had my back and got everyone back on track for the rest of the class!  Now he will be going to serve his country after graduation and I couldn't imagine a more perfect fit for him!

Kim is just the most encouraging and genuine person and whenever she has taken my kids to hang out with her at a game I totally trust her, which is not the easiest thing for me typically but I always know she will take the best care of them. Every time I spend time with her she has me laughing!  She will be playing soccer at the collegiate level next year and I can't wait to see the amazing things that she will accomplish!  These two were so laid back and relaxed during the time I was able to spend with them and all the bright colors of this session is just the best!













No comments