Rothlisberger Family Winter Session {Chelan}

 Last year we decided to make the change from visiting both of our families at Christmas to only visiting one side (whoever didn’t get the Thanksgiving visit).  And we spend Christmas day at our house.  It’s hard when you live away from family because Christmas is so much fun with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents but I also really love the fact that our kids will get to have Christmas morning memories in their own house and we have loved the change and enjoyed the visits after Christmas even more I think!  The reason I’m telling you this is since we have been home for the holiday I was able to make some sessions happen that weren’t a possibility before because we would spend the whole break traveling.  

The Rothlisberger family was one that I was able to spend time with this year and they were hilarious! Once again I was able to do a legacy session with 3 generations and those types of sessions are quickly becoming a favorite because I can do so many different things with a big group of people!  We found a great spot and thankfully the weather was pretty great even though there was a little fog around the lake.  One of my favorite parts of this session was when I asked the family to do a silly face picture.  Typically that’s something I reserve more for families with little kids because the littles LOVE doing that but I just had a feeling that this family would be willing to step out of the box and the result was the best!  Grandpa decided to continue to throw silly faces into multiple family pictures and I was cracking up as I was editing because he was just too funny!  I love it when families genuinely have fun during our sessions and I’m pretty sure I accomplished that goal with this crew!

No comments