Johanson Family Orchard Session {Brewster}


 I know it can be challenging when you have babies and toddlers to want to document family pictures every year because it can be a lot of work to coordinate outfits, plan a time, and hope for their happiest mood, but I have a trick for you!  This is something that I've learned specifically from this family but also from the families I've been able to document in the last several years.  

I think the first time I took pictures of Taylor, she was two, she was adorable of course, had super sweet outfits and was willing to hang out with me for the time we did pictures and we got some great pictures of her.  However, I don't think she thought it was the most fun she ever had.  But a few months later we did more pictures and when her sister was born we did more pictures and in between shoots her mom would talk about "doing pictures with Tiffany" and make it sound like it was the best thing ever (at least I'm pretty sure that's how it happened based on our conversations ;) ).  So now when we do pictures, Taylor is actually really excited for pictures, it's a special thing that she gets to do and I absolutely love hanging out with her!  We've developed a little bond so that hopefully when her sister gets bigger she'll just always know that pictures are a fun adventure that we get to do!  

So here's my trick, find someone that you feel like you can build a relationship with and that you love their work, then do pictures on a regular basis.  That doesn't have to mean every month or 6 months, but every year document your family as they grow and change and once it becomes something that everyone looks forward to it doesn't have to be challenging!

Now, back to the Johanson family!  These two girls are almost exactly the same age as my boys which makes it really fun to see the reverse of our family and I am right in the same stages so that makes my job easy.  I had the hardest time deciding on pictures to share as favorites because I just loved everything about this session!  And seriously, check out every expression of Taylor's because she just loved being in front of the camera and I think Dani is going to be right there with her in a year or so because she was giving me all kinds of smiles.  They are seriously the sweetest family and I loved every minute with them!















No comments