The Coffman Family {Pateros}


Recently I’ve started blogging all my sessions, there are a lot of reasons behind this, but one of my favorite pieces is to stop and take a moment to remember all the parts of a session, the weather, anything that happened that may have been unexpected and just to document the time I spent with the people I get to share life with.  I know in a world where so much of our connection comes from the internet taking a second to step back and be present is not to be taken for granted.  My goal in a session is to make a connection, not just for the photography aspect but because this business and what I do is meaningless if I don’t have a purpose through it.  I truly believe that my purpose in this is not just to document a story but to build lasting relationships and to celebrate with you!

Summer is filled with family moments and exciting celebrations and the Coffman family was the best way to end a summer night.  As soon as we got to this lovely location, Raelyn bounded out of the car and started telling me all kinds of stories, two seconds later she grabbed my hand and the rest of the night flew by as we got went on a tour of everything from horses to the river.  When we were planning the session Hanna mentioned to me that this summer marks their ten year wedding anniversary and because of that we took these on the breathtaking property where they said their vows.  I always love to hear pieces of a family’s story and a location with meaning is just the best way to remember and take in all that the last ten years have meant.  When someone is excited to take pictures just the two of them it makes my heart so happy!

No comments