Dannaca Thompson {Brewster}


This delightful little girl has already gotten the memo that good things are worth waiting for since she decided she wasn’t ready to meet the her family until a couple days after her actual due date.  But now that she’s arrived she is just the perfect addition to the Thompson family and getting to do newborn pictures for them first with Graham and now with Dannaca has been wonderful.  For both of their newborn sessions, they were so excited I came to visit them that they just couldn’t sleep at first. ;) I actually really enjoy when that happens for a newborn session because it means more time to hold them and learn about their little personalities.  Now Graham is an amazing big brother and I’m sure this girl is going to be well protected when she grows up.  Sometimes I have to be creative in the ways that older siblings get to participate in the session with the tiniest member of the family because the exuberance is just a little hard to contain! However, Graham was the most calm and collected little guy I have ever encountered at his age and sat so perfectly still while we were letting him hang out with his new sister.  I was amazed at how easygoing he was even though he’s not even two!

One part I loved about Dannaca’s story is that her parents didn’t know whether she was a girl or boy before she was born and I’ve learned after not finding out with my own two that it is one of the best surprises!  She also has part of her name in common with her grandma that I know will be so meaningful to her family as she grows up.

Dannaca was only 5 days old at the time of this session and since she was still so used to being curled up, she was great at showing those sweet baby rolls and getting all swaddled and cozy.  I quickly figured out what she liked and didn’t, and as soon as that happened she was so content!  I really do adore newborns and always have, from the time I was really young I was always trying to hold babies and the fact that I now get to hang out and play with newborns all the time is just the best feeling in the world!  Congratulations Thompson family!








 The best little details!


 Isn't he the sweetest little guy ever?!

No comments